From: eachus@spectre.mitre.org (Robert I. Eachus)
Subject: Re: MicroSoft to purchase Aonix?
Date: 1997/05/30
Date: 1997-05-30T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <338DD91B.537C@bix.com> Tom Moran <tmoran@bix.com> writes:

 >   Do you recall people saying, some years back, that they should buy PCs
 > from Texas Instruments because TI would still be around?  Will MS still
 > make OSes suitable for niche markets like yours in 10 years, or will it
 > concentrate on the mass entertainment market?

   That implies that Microsoft is building an OS suitable for
real-time simulation right now.

   (I am typing this on a Dell Dimension XPS Pro200n that I am in the
process of configuring NT 4.0 Workstation on, so I am not speaking out
of ignorance.  NT Workstation is very usable as a desktop--or deskside--
system, but as a server or real-time engine it has a ways to go.)
--

					Robert I. Eachus

with Standard_Disclaimer;
use  Standard_Disclaimer;