From: eachus@spectre.mitre.org (Robert I. Eachus)
Subject: Re: Urgent: Ada, Pro*Ada and Oracle 7.3.2
Date: 1997/02/24
Date: 1997-02-24T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

   In article <330DF7A3.74F7@qewrf.ca> All <sdf@qewrf.ca> writes:

   > Here's the complete environment:
   >
   >         Compiler:       Rational Apex Ada 2.0.8
   >         Precompiler:    Pro*Ada 2.2
   >         DBMS:           Oracle 7.3.2
   >
   > I am interested in any information available that will help me embed
   > SQL in Ada using the tools listed above.  I've tried searching the
   > DejaNews archive with no success.  Hopefully, there are some unpublished
   > success stories out there somewhere.

   I have successfully used Pro*Ada with SunAda and Oracle 7.2.2, but
I haven't tried 7.3.2 yet.  I suspect that the lack of stories is due
to the lack of Pro*Ada related problems--all my problems have been
with configuration details, and not specific to any interface used.
(This is not a criticism of Oracle incidently.  Getting anything that
accesses a database as a cgi-bin program configured correctly is a
pain.  You want to limit access to the minimum needed for the
application, and on Unix creating a restricted environment is painful.
Fortunately it is a pain once per host configuration not once per
cgi-bin program.)

--

					Robert I. Eachus

with Standard_Disclaimer;