From: eachus@spectre.mitre.org (Robert I. Eachus)
Subject: Re: How to perform bit-wise xor, and...?
Date: 1996/11/25
Date: 1996-11-25T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <5747oa$svi@umacss1.umac.mo> d941686@sp2 (Leong San Io Francisco) writes:

  >	   My Ada compiler only provides xor, and operations for booleans and
  > not integers...

   If it doesn't provide them, then it is not a valid Ada compiler.
Ada 83 also provided bit operations on boolean arrays, and many
compiler vendors provided the wrappers needed to use them on integers.
For example, Verdix (and SunAda) provide the package v_i_bits.

   Ada 95 adds bit operations on modular types.

--

					Robert I. Eachus

with Standard_Disclaimer;
use  Standard_Disclaimer;