From: eachus@spectre.mitre.org (Robert I. Eachus)
Subject: Re: ESP
Date: 1996/12/17
Date: 1996-12-17T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <1996Dec14.191445.1@eisner> kilgallen@eisner.decus.org (Larry Kilgallen) writes:

 > If someone had included a printer on the Ariane :-),
 > would it have been intact after the incident ?

  The right question is "Would they have still sent the data down the
bus to the engine controller?"

  Remember that the final nail in the coffin was that the telemetry
data was sent over the same bus as the commands to the point the
engines, and that this is what actually caused the rocket to go out of
control.

--

					Robert I. Eachus

with Standard_Disclaimer;