From: eachus@mitre-bedford.arpa  (Robert I. Eachus)
Subject: Re: New Arcadia/IRUS AFLEX-AYACC release
Date: 8 Jan 93 16:55:32 GMT	[thread overview]

    Again I am not a lawyer, and certainly not an English barrister,
but there is a major difference between free samples and a product
that is not intended for sale.  If you go beyond merchandise, just
where do you stop?  Or to put it another way, is the disclaimer at the
bottom of my postings in violation of EC law?

    P. S. In the states the same sort of thing applies, but usually
the treatment is that the implied warrant of merchantability resides
in merchandise OFFERED for sale, whether or not actually sold.  Thus
it covers such things as consignment goods, test periods, etc.

--

					Robert I. Eachus

with Standard_Disclaimer;
use  Standard_Disclaimer;