From: "chris.danx" <chris.danx@ntlworld.com>
Subject: Initialising stuff
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 21:16:52 +0100
Date: 2001-10-16T21:16:52+01:00	[thread overview]

Hi,

I need a variable (global) for a screen package (write to video memory) and
would like it to be initialised once and once only when the package is
"with"ed.

I can think of one way to do this...

package body xxx is
   initialise screen stuff here;
end xxx;

but I'm unsure if this will work as I don't know the issues involved.  Will
this work bearing in mind the purpose of the package?

Is the following the same or similar?

package xxx is

    private
        type yyy