From: jdveale@world.std.com (James D. Veale)
Subject: Re: Ada-smart diff tool
Date: 1997/03/22
Date: 1997-03-22T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Dear Mr. Groleau,

   I sell a DOS based tool,  COMPLITE,  which will do most of what you
desire.  You can find a demonstration version at:

   http://world.std.com/~jdveale

Sincerely yours,

   Jim Veale

On Thu, 20 Mar 1997, W. Wesley Groleau wrote:
> diff -b   will say that  An_Array(I)  and  An_Array ( I )  are different
> which is not true for my purposes.

  Complite's PGM comparison mode handles this.  The parentheses are
recognized as delimiters.

> diff -w will say that   A := new block   and   A := newblock   are the same
> which is not true for my purposes.

  Complite performs a word-by-word comparison.  So these are different.

> diff -i will say that  Result := "AAA"  is the same as  Result := "aaa"
> which is not true for my purposes.

  Can't help on this one.

> And finally, I know of _no_ trick whereby  diff will recognize that
>
> if This_Is_True then    is the same as       if This_Is_True
>                                              then

  Complite's TEXT comparison format is insensitive to changes in text
flow, and will treat these as the same.

  Complite's keyword and phrase processing can be configured to ignore ADA
style comments as well.