From: jerry@jvdsys.nextjk.stuyts.nl (Jerry van Dijk)
Subject: Re: Existence of Ada95 compiler for embedded 80x86?
Date: 1997/02/20
Date: 1997-02-20T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Robert Dewar (dewar@merv.cs.nyu.edu) wrote:

: We have no reports of delay not working in the DOS port, and it seems to
: be working in all the tests we have run, so if you have an example of
: it not working, you should submit a bug report!

I'm already on record saying I love GNAT, however:

the delay implementation of GNAT may work as intented by the RM, it is really
unsuitable for serious DOS programming.

This has been discussed often enough (and I've spend enough time building
work arounds) that I'm not inclined to yet again post samples.

If you feel differently, please prove this.

Jerry.

--
| Jerry van Dijk | Consultant, Ordina Finance BV |