* Re: Ada & CORBA
@ 2000-01-12  0:00   ` David Botton
From: David Botton @ 2000-01-12  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Actually www.AdaPower.com/corba gives you links to all the Ada Corba stuff
out there. www.AdaPower.com/gnack gets you directly to GNACK.

David Botton

Jean-Pierre Rosen <rosen.adalog@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message
news:85hgn9$koj$1@wanadoo.fr...
> Try Topgraph'X (sorry I don't have the URL at hand).
> You can also consider AdaBroker (http://adabroker.eu.org), which is a full
> Ada95 ORB, and GNACK (http://www.AdaPower.com/corba) which is a binding to
> ORBit, the ORB for GNOME

* Re: Ada & CORBA
@ 2000-01-12  0:00 ` reason67
From: reason67 @ 2000-01-12  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <387C3B52.54C2B631@frqnet.de>,
  Andreas Winckler <andreas.winckler@frqnet.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I tried to find ORB vendors which support Ada95. Does anybody know
other
> vendors than OIS? Some competition would be appreciated. Thanks in
> advance.

A few months ago I set out to find out something similar. After doing a
fairly exhaustive web search, I found that alot of sites point to Ben
Eng's page for that information. He compiles it because, as he puts it,
no one else was doing it.

http://www.vex.net/~ben/corba/orbmatrix.html

That is a really good listing.
---
Jeffrey Blatt

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

* Re: Ada & CORBA
@ 2000-01-12  0:00     ` reason67
From: reason67 @ 2000-01-12  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <387CA172.852F51B6@frqnet.de>,

> I knew that one. But it's neither complete nor up-to-date, at least
not
> for Ada. A enquiry to the Iona sales office showed that unlike what
this
> web site says they do not support Ada anymore since several years!
> Topgraph'X (http://www.topgraphx.com/) wich Jean-Pierre Rosen proposed
> is not mentioned at all.

I passed the information you provided to Ben Eng.
---
Jeffrey Blatt

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

* Ada & CORBA
@ 2000-01-12  0:00 Andreas Winckler
From: Andreas Winckler @ 2000-01-12  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I tried to find ORB vendors which support Ada95. Does anybody know other
vendors than OIS? Some competition would be appreciated. Thanks in
advance.

AW

* Re: Ada & CORBA
@ 2000-01-12  0:00 ` Jean-Pierre Rosen
From: Jean-Pierre Rosen @ 2000-01-12  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Andreas Winckler <andreas.winckler@frqnet.de> a �crit dans le message :
387C3B52.54C2B631@frqnet.de...
> Hi all,
>
> I tried to find ORB vendors which support Ada95. Does anybody know other
> vendors than OIS? Some competition would be appreciated. Thanks in
> advance.

Try Topgraph'X (sorry I don't have the URL at hand).
You can also consider AdaBroker (http://adabroker.eu.org), which is a full
Ada95 ORB, and GNACK (http://www.AdaPower.com/corba) which is a binding to
ORBit, the ORB for GNOME

Two commercial, two free... Not that bad, as far as competition is
concerned!
           J-P. Rosen (Rosen.Adalog@wanadoo.fr)
Visit Adalog's web site at http://pro.wanadoo.fr/adalog

* Re: Ada & CORBA
@ 2000-01-12  0:00   ` Andreas Winckler
From: Andreas Winckler @ 2000-01-12  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2000-01-13  0:00     ` Oliver Kellogg
From: Oliver Kellogg @ 2000-01-13  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

BTW, GNACK has recently been updated and is now at
version 0.9a.
Now's the time to send in those last bug reports
before the infamous version 1.0 :)

Oliver Kellogg
-- gnack@adapower.com

@ 2000-01-14  0:00   ` ponce
From: ponce @ 2000-01-14  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

> > I tried to find ORB vendors which support Ada95. Does anybody know other
> > vendors than OIS? Some competition would be appreciated. Thanks in
> > advance.

> Try Topgraph'X (sorry I don't have the URL at hand).
> You can also consider AdaBroker (http://adabroker.eu.org), which is a full
> Ada95 ORB, and GNACK (http://www.AdaPower.com/corba) which is a binding to
> ORBit, the ORB for GNOME

AdaBroker has just been updated (version 0.9beta). It is now fully
independant of omniORB and has his own ADA95 ORB.

S�bastien Ponce