From: "Rammeloo Stijn" <stijn.rammeloo@barco.com>
Subject: simple question just to be sure
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 10:25:56 +0200
Date: 2001-10-10T10:25:56+02:00	[thread overview]

Hello,

According to me the following constructs are equivalent and are both
perfectly legal ada in ada83 and ada95:

    Bad_Frame_Name : constant String (1 .. 4) := "Bad" & Ascii.Nul;

   A_Nul : constant Character:=  Ascii.Nul;
   Bad_Frame_Name : constant String (1 .. 4) := "Bad" & A_Nul;

Why do I ask? We use a code analyses tool that stumbles over the first
construct with the error message "Bad_Frame_Name Value length 5 does not
match object length 4" but not over the second one. According to me this is
clearly a bug in the code analyses tool. According to the vendor, this 'odd'
behaviour would be caused by the fact that the first construct 'May not be
"perfect" Ada' but the second is. I totaly disagree with this statement. Can
some ada-guru out there confirm I'm right or, if not, why I'm wrong?

Thanks in foresee,
Stijn