From: stt@houdini.camb.inmet.com (Tucker Taft)
Subject: Re: Ada95 Compiler for a Macintosh?
Date: 1996/10/30
Date: 1996-10-30T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Dave Shawley (dshawley@bearcat.ecsel.psu.edu) wrote:

: I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about GNAT's plans on
: releasing an Ada95 compiler for the Mac. (The current one is nothing
: more than a plug-in for MPW/CW?!? (right?)). I was looking for
: something along the lines of GWUAda. I have the Ada83 release, but
: a class that I'm taking will soon be moving beyond the Ada95 features
: that are also in Ada83.

There is something available along the lines of "GWUAda" for the Mac,
in that it generates code which is then interpreted.  The product,
"AppletMagic(tm)," generates Java byte-codes from Ada 95.  A version
for the Mac is available for download at:

   http://www.inmet.com/javadir/download/

It can build both Java-compatible applets and applications.

There is also a version of GNAT which run's on top of Tenon's MachTen
for the Mac.  This version of GNAT is freely available, but Tenon's MachTen
is a commercial product.

: 	- D. Shawley

Intermetrics, Inc.  Cambridge, MA  USA