From: craigm@syd.csa.com.au (Craig Moore)
Subject: differences in binaries
Date: 1996/10/14
Date: 1996-10-14T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

I have had something interesting pointed out to me about Ada which the
collective wisdom of this newsgroup may be able to explain.

When doing a byte-by-byte comparison of seemingly identical binaries
(ie compile, move the resulting binary to binary.old, then compile again and compare)
there seems to be all sorts on differences between the two files, even though
they were only just re-linked.

I guess it is just timestamp information but can anyone point me to some
doco's that possibly explain what the differences are ??

We are using SunAda 1.1 but I'm sure this occurs with other versions of Ada.

Thanks,

Craig.