From: kst@thomsoft.com (Keith Thompson)
Subject: Re: How do I make HOTKEYS in ADA?
Date: 1996/10/10
Date: 1996-10-10T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In <JSA.96Oct8161800@alexandria> jsa@alexandria (Jon S Anthony) writes:
> In article <3256B8C7.18F9@access.hky.com> Randy Kosarik <randyk@access.hky.com> writes:
> > 	I need to know if I can get ADA to scan the keyboard and return the
> > ASCII value if a keystroke was made.
> Look up Get_Immediate.
> > This also cannot stop the execution
> > of the program and wait for <ENTER>.
> You will need to use tasks or ATC for this.

Not necessarily.  There's a form of Get_Immediate that returns immediately
if no character is available for input.  Whether this is implemented
"properly" is another question.  (I put "properly" in quotes because
there's some question about what the language really requires; the
expected behavior, though, is pretty clearly what you're looking for.)

It's also implementation-defined whether the typed character will
be echoed.

--
Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) kst@thomsoft.com <*>
TeleSoft^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H Alsys^H^H^H^H^H Thomson Software Products