From: kenner@lab.ultra.nyu.edu (Richard Kenner)
Subject: Re: Popularizing Ada
Date: 1999/06/19
Date: 1999-06-19T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <376BD6F7.7F52AE74@worldnet.att.net> billeug@worldnet.att.net writes:
>Neither GPC or GNAT (with any available patches) compile against GCC 2.95
>(release date July 1), unfortunetly.

GCC 2.95 (I no longer recall what the EGCS naming convention equivalent
version is) was essentially frozen a while ago.  I can't speak for GPC,
but I believe your statement is correct about GNAT, though I presume patches
to make it mostly work will appear shortly.

GCC 3.0 is expected to be released roughly the end of this year and the plan is
for that to be the release where GNAT's patches are merged in (work towards
this goal should start in the next couple of months).