From: baynes@ukpsshp1.serigate.philips.nl (Stephen Baynes)
Subject: Re: Software reuse
Date: 1996/08/19
Date: 1996-08-19T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Bob Stout (bobstout@neosoft.com) wrote:
: Ari Lukumies <Ari.Lukumies@la.ccfo.carel.fi> wrote:

: Some people, though, can't really begin to think in terms of an overall
: design until they've deconstructed down to the component level. These people
: are library programmers. As you say, education, experience, etc. are

If they start at or wait untill they reach the low level components before
looking for reuse then they are not much good. They should be aiming to reuse
whole subsystems, and in the extream to reuse the whole program.

--
Stephen Baynes                              baynes@ukpsshp1.serigate.philips.nl
Philips Semiconductors Ltd