From: bobduff@world.std.com (Robert A Duff)
Subject: Re: GNAT 3.04a & Environment space
Date: 1996/08/17
Date: 1996-08-17T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <32152B67.253@telis.org>, Joe DeKeyrel  <dekeyrej@telis.org> wrote:
>I run a similar setup myself (when I'm not running linux). You really
>MUST increase the size of the environment to allow for all the
>environment virables that setpath requires. ...

Well, it may depend on how big those env vars are, which depends on how
long the path name is where you put gnat.  Mine is just c:\gnat304a.
And I suppose it depends on what *other* env vars you have.

I was able to set exactly 1445 bytes of env vars in my autoexec.bat
file.  More than that were ignored without any error message (grr!).
This is plenty for setpath.bat -- as I said, by running setpath.bat from
my autoexec.bat, I am able to run gnatmake just fine WITHOUT fiddling
with the env size.  And I checked that all the vars set by setpath.bat
indeed exist in my MSDOS windows.

On the other hand, if I try to run setpath.bat from an MSDOS window,
it gripes about "Out of environment space".

- Bob