From: jdveale@world.std.com (James D. Veale)
Subject: Re: Ada Code Formatting
Date: 1996/08/10
Date: 1996-08-10T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

From jdveale@world.std.com Sat Aug 10 14:16:16 1996
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 1996 14:14:44 -0400 (EDT)
From: "James D. Veale" <jdveale@world.std.com>
To: campbelj@escmail.orl.mmc.com
Cc: "James D. Veale" <jdveale@world.std.com>

> I would like to be able to do a diff on the code, but that's not
> possible the way it is right now.
>
> Any ideas?

 Another possibility is to use a smarter diff.  I sell a dos based
 comparison utility,  Complite, for programming language source.

 It performs a word-by-word comparison where words are separated not
 only by blanks,  but by common programming language delimiters.
 It is not only insensitive to changes in white space,  but can be
 optionally insensitive to changes in text flow between lines.

 It's frequently quite good for the kind of changes you described.
 One exception is where a word formed from a contiguous sequence
 of delimiters such as ")+(" is split into three words separated
 by blanks ") + (" .

 You may want to check my web page at:  http://world.std.com/~jdveale
 for more information.

     Jim Veale  -  jdveale@world.std.com