* Anyone used Ada to write clients/interfaces to Microsoft's sql server?
@ 1996-08-07  0:00 Thomas W. Smith
From: Thomas W. Smith @ 1996-08-07  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm looking for at least a base API to communicate with microsoft's SQL
server.  Anyone got a clue/lead?

I appreciate any response.

Thanks

Thomas W. Smith
synod@nicom.com

* Re: Anyone used Ada to write clients/interfaces to Microsoft's sql server?
@ 1996-08-08  0:00 ` Chad Bremmon
From: Chad Bremmon @ 1996-08-08  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: synod

Thomas W. Smith wrote:

> I'm looking for at least a base API to communicate with microsoft's SQL
> server.  Anyone got a clue/lead?
>
> I appreciate any response.
>
> Thanks
>
> Thomas W. Smith
> synod@nicom.comI would suggest using ODBC and Ada-Connect with
GNAT.  That can be procured from Objective
Interface Systems.  The only concern I know of is
whether or not the Microsoft SQL Server is
supported by the drivers.  I'm quite sure they are,
but you'll have to check.

Phil Carrasco 703.264.1900 is the person to
connect.

Chad

* Re: Anyone used Ada to write clients/interfaces to Microsoft's sql server?
@ 1996-08-08  0:00 ` Ken Cowan
From: Ken Cowan @ 1996-08-08  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <3208CE0D.D46@nicom.com>,
   "Thomas W. Smith" <synod@nicom.com> wrote:
>I'm looking for at least a base API to communicate with microsoft's SQL
>server.  Anyone got a clue/lead?
>
>I appreciate any response.
>
>Thanks
>
>Thomas W. Smith
>synod@nicom.com

Which API were you planning to use?  The ODBC API is in the Win32
bindings provided with ObjectAda 7.0.

  KC

Ken Cowan                       Thomson Software Products
cowan@east.thomsoft.com         200 Wheeler Rd.
phone: (617) 221-7323           Burlington, MA 01803
fax: (617) 220-6882