From: smosha@most.fw.hac.com (Stephen M O'Shaughnessy)
Subject: Re: Real Life Ada
Date: 1996/08/06
Date: 1996-08-06T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Sorry about that last post.  I could not help myself.  Ken is
so right.  As I read some of these long threads, my own responses
include, we stray so far the real issues.  But it is fun!

As most engineers are introverts, venues such as news groups are
a fantastic way express our opinions and still remain somewhat
anonymous.  We can take our time, think through our responses,
type them, revise them, fire them off over the internet, then
retreat back within ourselves to consider the next response.

A result of this is that we tend to focus on the thread we are
following within ourselves and only loosely to the thead that
is the subject of the news group.  God help the newbie trying
to figure out which language to learn first.

Ken, your advice is good for contiunuing education but may be
difficult for a high school senior trying to select a career to
follow.