From: cowan@east.alsys.com (Ken Cowan)
Subject: Re: Thomsoft Ada Compiler
Date: 1996/08/05
Date: 1996-08-05T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <01bb81a0$85ea5ce0$1092b1cd@erols.erols.com>,
   "K. C. Carlton" <kcarlton@erols.com> wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>Anyone have any experience with Object Ada for Windows 95? I believe this
>is the name of the new Ada compiler by Thomsoft (or the newly named company
>contained therein).
>
>Would like to hear about ease of install, ease of use, and, of course, the
>all important question... does it work?
>
>Thanks,
>
>K. C.

It's super easy to install.  Run setup and press <enter> about 4 times.
There are no bat files or environment variables or anything weird you need.
The setup puts anything it needs into the registry.

I find it easy to use too.  You create a project and add files to it,
then press compile or build buttons to get the program built.  The IDE
gives you a multiple document editor, with a real Windows feel.  You
don't need to figure out compilation order, or really do any complex
program library maintenance.  About all the system needs is to be told
where to find the package specs and package bodies for any packages you
write.  This is a simple as adding to the your project.

As for whether it works or not, I'm probably too biased to give you
a straight answer.  I'm one of the developers.

  KC

Ken Cowan                       Thomson Software Products
cowan@east.thomsoft.com         200 Wheeler Rd.
phone: (617) 221-7323           Burlington, MA 01803
fax: (617) 220-6882