From: Nick Gordon <nicholas.gordon@operamail.com>
Subject: Stanford's Pintos Course
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 01:22:43 GMT
Date: 2015-11-19T01:22:43+00:00	[thread overview]

So I don't attend Stanford, and as a result as part of my undergraduate
degree I haven't taken their operating systems course, which, I consider
quite wonderfully, presents the students with a minimal kernel and simple
threading support, etc. The course for the students is to improve these
features, and implement virtual memory. The course has students doing this
in C (naturally), but I'm wondering if a system like this could be used to
test one's skills in OS development for any given language, so long as it
can interface with the kernel (which is probably to say, interface with C).

I haven't looked through it terribly thoroughly, but I'd like to know if any
of the venerable here have experience with this system, or can recommend
any other "frameworks" for developing OS-level code in Ada.