From: stt@henning.camb.inmet.com (Tucker Taft)
Subject: Re: Joyce and Ada
Date: 1996/07/13
Date: 1996-07-13T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Wolfman Gadi (gadiw@libra.math.tau.ac.il) wrote:
: I need some references on programming language Joyce and
: any compare between Joyce and Ada.

I believe "Joyce" was a language proposed by Per Brinch Hansen.
It has a guarded synchronization facility that is reminiscent
of Ada 95's protected type.  However, I believe the semantic model
in Joyce is that the guards are continually evaluated, and as soon
as they become true, the associated statements are executed.

This is all based on an article I read about 6 years ago on Joyce,
and I am afraid I have lost it.  You might try looking in an index
of articles in Software Practice & Experience, since many language-related
articles have appeared there.  Conceivably a search on the Web might
turn up something as well.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help...

Intermetrics, Inc.  Cambridge, MA  USA