* gnat tasking under DOS?
@ 1996-05-21  0:00 Magnus Hacker
From: Magnus Hacker @ 1996-05-21  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello.
Is tasking implemented in gnat 3.03 for DOS? If not,
does anybody know when it will be?

Helpful for any answers, I have an assignment to do for school and
I'd rather sit at home than in the computer lab at school...

(I know, I know, but I'm not installing
 Linux with only 20 megs free HD space...:)
--
+-----------------------------+----------------------------------------+
| Magnus Hacker               |  Advice of the day:                    |

* Re: gnat tasking under DOS?
@ 1996-05-22  0:00 ` Douglas Rupp
From: Douglas Rupp @ 1996-05-22  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tasking is fully implemented in 3.04, to be released shortly.

@ 1996-05-24  0:00   ` Greg Bond
From: Greg Bond @ 1996-05-24  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Douglas Rupp

Douglas Rupp wrote:

> Tasking is fully implemented in 3.04, to be released shortly.
>
> In article <4nsib1$bvv@nyheter.chalmers.se>,
> Magnus Hacker <d2hacker@dtek.chalmers.se> wrote:
> >Hello.
> >Is tasking implemented in gnat 3.03 for DOS? If not,
> >does anybody know when it will be?

Do you know whether the R/T annex, and systems programming annex will be
supported?

--
* Greg Bond                         * Dept. of Electrical Eng.
* email: bond@ee.ubc.ca             * Univ. of British Columbia

* Re: gnat tasking under DOS?
@ 1996-05-27  0:00     ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 1996-05-27  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

iGreg Bond asked of the DOS 3.04 port

"Do you know whether the R/T annex, and systems programming annex will be
supported?"

All annexes are supported in all tasking versions of GNAT.

* Re: gnat tasking under DOS?
@ 1996-05-30  0:00   ` Ray Toal
From: Ray Toal @ 1996-05-30  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Douglas Rupp wrote:

> Tasking is fully implemented in 3.04, to be released shortly.

I actually rebooted by machine in DOS mode (gasp!) to try it
out and sure enough it works great!!  Doug Rupp deserves a lot
of thanks for this work.  (Still waiting for the NT port of 3.04,
though... :-)

One note if you haven't downloaded this yourself yet.  You may
notice an error from gnatlink saying "libgthreads not defined".
That's because when you unzip the distribution you get the
file

  LIBGTH~1.A

in the \DJGPP\LIB directory.  Of course this should be

  LIBGTHREADS.A

but alas, well you know....  Just rename LIBGTH~1.A to LIBGTHRE.A
and gnatlink will then work.  I did not see this trick mentioned
in any of the on-line docs (I even grepped) so I thought I'd
mention it here to save a flood of mail to support@gnat.com.

8.3 = *sigh*.

Ray Toal