From: jerry@jvdsys.nextjk.stuyts.nl (Jerry van Dijk)
Subject: Re: linking C library functions in Ada DOS .EXE
Date: 1996/04/29
Date: 1996-04-29T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

ricardo@eucmax.sim.ucm.es wrote:

: but when I run gnatbind I get a message that states that int86, inportw
: and outportw functions are not found.

These functions are in a separate PC library, not supprisingly called libpc.
use -lpc to add them.

However, be aware that the int86 functions in djgpp V1.X do not support all
possible calls, and might not be portable to the newer dpmi enviroment.
Use _dpmi_simulate_int() to be on the safe side. See my VGA package (probably
still to be found at ftp.gwu.edu in the EZ2LOAD directory) for examples.

: The GNAT version I'm using is 2.06 for DOS. Thanks in advance.

At the same place you will find newer versions of GNAT for DOS. V3.03 is
current and is really /much/ better then 2.06.

Jerry.
--  Jerry van Dijk       --   e-mail: jerry@jvdsys.nextjk.stuyts.nl  --
--  Banking Consultant   --              Member Team-Ada             --
--  Ordina Finance BV    --    Located at Haarlem, The Netherlands   --