* Gnat 3.03/Linux/ELF problem
@ 1996-04-26  0:00 John English
From: John English @ 1996-04-26  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've finally got around to installing an ELF version of Linux at home
so that I can run Gnat 3.03.  The compiler works fine (I think :-) but
when I try to run anything (even "Hello world") I get a message to the
effect that __libc_opendir isn't found.  The setup is Gnat 3.03, GCC
2.7.2, libc 5.3.9 (with libc.so.5 linked to libc.so.5.3.9).  I expect
it's something blindingly obvious, but I'm new to ELF.  Any ideas?  Help!!!

John English <je@brighton.ac.uk>, Dept. of Computing, University of Brighton
  "Disks are divided into sex and tractors..."

* Re: Gnat 3.03/Linux/ELF problem
@ 1996-05-06  0:00   ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 1996-05-06  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Please be sure to copy these questions on Linux/GNAT to report@gnat.com,
since I don't think our Linux expert reads CLA!

* Re: Gnat 3.03/Linux/ELF problem
@ 1996-05-06  0:00 ` Ken Cohen
From: Ken Cohen @ 1996-05-06  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

John English wrote:

> I've finally got around to installing an ELF version of Linux at home
> so that I can run Gnat 3.03.  The compiler works fine (I think :-) but
> when I try to run anything (even "Hello world") I get a message to the
> effect that __libc_opendir isn't found.  The setup is Gnat 3.03, GCC
> 2.7.2, libc 5.3.9 (with libc.so.5 linked to libc.so.5.3.9).  I expect
> it's something blindingly obvious, but I'm new to ELF.  Any ideas?  Help!!!
>
> --
> John English <je@brighton.ac.uk>, Dept. of Computing, University of Brighton
>   "Disks are divided into sex and tractors..."
Please post your answer to the group.  I have the same problem with the
same software release.

* Re: Gnat 3.03/Linux/ELF problem
@ 1996-05-07  0:00   ` Chin Kwang Lim
From: Chin Kwang Lim @ 1996-05-07  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ken Cohen <kcohen@dsdc.dla.mil> writes:
>Please post your answer to the group.  I have the same problem with the
>same software release.
  I got the similar problem with libc 5.2.18 last time . What I do is: after
I installed Gnat, I reinstall libc then run ldconfig. It's works, but I
don't know it works for your problem.

Cheers
Eric Lim