* Possible? NT, ODBC, and Ada
@ 1996-04-21  0:00 Mark Simpson
From: Mark Simpson @ 1996-04-21  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Has anyone has used Ada with ODBC on NT?

If you have or are aware of any products that will allow this I
would appreciate you letting me know.  If you could email me
some code that uses the ODBC API or point me to where I could
find some that would be even better,

Thanks,
Mark...

* Re: Possible? NT, ODBC, and Ada
@ 1996-04-22  0:00 ` Pascal Obry
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Pascal Obry @ 1996-04-22  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mark_W_Simpson@msn.com (Mark Simpson) wrote:

>Has anyone has used Ada with ODBC on NT?

I've done this using GNAT for NT and the Win32Ada binding.
It works really well.

If you have the Win32Ada binding look at the followings packages :

	Win32.ODBCINST
	Win32.ODBCVER
	Win32.SQL
	Win32.SQLEXT

>If you have or are aware of any products that will allow this I
>would appreciate you letting me know.  If you could email me

TSP has a Windows NT compiler that comes with an ODBC binding.

>some code that uses the ODBC API or point me to where I could
>find some that would be even better,

I'll mail you a small sample.

>Thanks,
>Mark...

--|------------------------------------------------------------
--| Pascal Obry                               Team-Ada Member |
--|                                                           |
--| EDF-DER-IPN-SID- Ing�nierie des Syst�mes d'Informations   |
--|                                                           |
--| Bureau G1-010           e-mail: pascal.obry@der.edfgdf.fr |
--| 1 Av G�n�ral de Gaulle  voice : +33-1-47.65.50.91         |
--| 92141 Clamart CEDEX     fax   : +33-1-47.65.50.07         |
--| FRANCE                                                    |
--|------------------------------------------------------------
--|
--|   http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/pascal_obry
--|
--|   "The best way to travel is by means of imagination"

* Re: Possible? NT, ODBC, and Ada
@ 1996-04-22  0:00 ` Paul Whittington
From: Paul Whittington @ 1996-04-22  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Simpson

Send E-Mail to Wendell Richardson at wendell@sage.inel.gov.  He's the
AdaSAGE team member working on the ODBC stuff.

Mark Simpson wrote:
> ... If you could email me some code that uses the ODBC API or point me > to where ...

* Re: Possible? NT, ODBC, and Ada
@ 1996-04-22  0:00 ` Paul Whittington
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Paul Whittington @ 1996-04-22  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Yes!  We, the AdaSAGE development at the INEL, have used GNAT/NT to
development test cases against our 32-bit AdaSAGE ODBC driver.

In addition to writing more-or-less standard ODBC code in Ada to access
ODBC data sources, we also implemented a subset of the standard AdaSAGE
API that allows one to access any ODBC data source using standard
AdaSAGE API calls.

Mark Simpson wrote:

> Has anyone has used Ada with ODBC on NT?
>
> If you have or are aware of any products that will allow this I
> would appreciate you letting me know.  If you could email me
> some code that uses the ODBC API or point me to where I could
> find some that would be even better,
>
> Thanks,
> Mark...

* Re: Possible? NT, ODBC, and Ada
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 1996-04-25  0:00 ` Mitch Gart
From: Mitch Gart @ 1996-04-25  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mark Simpson (Mark_W_Simpson@msn.com) wrote:
: Has anyone has used Ada with ODBC on NT?

: If you have or are aware of any products that will allow this I
: would appreciate you letting me know.  If you could email me
: some code that uses the ODBC API or point me to where I could
: find some that would be even better,

The Win32Ada binding includes ODBC, see
http://sw-eng.falls-church.va.us/AdaIC/source-code/bindings/win32ada/win32ada.html

- Mitch Gart

* Re: Possible? NT, ODBC, and Ada
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 1996-04-27  0:00 ` Dave Wood
From: Dave Wood @ 1996-04-27  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mark Simpson wrote:

> Has anyone has used Ada with ODBC on NT?
>
> If you have or are aware of any products that will allow this I
> would appreciate you letting me know.  If you could email me
> some code that uses the ODBC API or point me to where I could
> find some that would be even better,
>
> Thanks,
> Mark...

ActivAda NT includes ODBC bindings, as does ActivAda Professional
Edition.  See http://www.thomsoft.com/products/ada/activada.html

-- Dave Wood
-- Windows Product Manager
-- Thomson Software Products (for now, at least)
-- http://www.thomsoft.com