From: Ted Dennison<dennison@telepath.com>
Subject: Re: array
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 14:59:47 GMT
Date: 2001-04-12T14:59:47+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <5s2B6.32267$ii5.3236241@afrodite.telenet-ops.be>, Pieter Thysebaert
says...
>Now I was looking for a function that would allow me to convert the contents
>of a tree into an array (and vice versa)
>I've found something like arrays with variable range (I mean not fixed at
>compile-time)
>Well I think that's what I found - does that thing exist ?
>
>And if it does, how would one manipulate it (add/remove elements)

Back in the olden days, binary trees were ususally implmented as arrays. I
believe the algorithms for doing so are avilable in "The Art of Computer
Programming, Volume 3" ( http://www-cs-faculty.stanford.edu/~knuth/taocp.html ).
Go find, or preferably purchase yourself, a copy.

>Or are there data structures like C++ STL stuff (vector etc)  available ?
The Ada implementation of the Booch Components should have something for
size-limited trees, which I would imagine would be implemented using arrays (but
I haven't examined the code).

---