* Re: Ada => Java Byte Code
@ 1996-03-28  0:00 ` Tucker Taft
From: Tucker Taft @ 1996-03-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Chris O'Regan (chris@ECE.Concordia.CA) wrote:

:    Someone mentioned that Intermetrics will soon be releasing a beta version
: of an Ada compiler that can generate Java byte code.  I have looked at their
: home page, but I find myself going in circles.  Has the compiler been
: released?  If so, where may I find it?

An "informal" beta release of "AppletMagic(tm)" is available at:

    http://www.inmet.com/javadir/download/

We hope to make the "formal" beta release by April 8th.
By that time we hope to have made a few more bug fixes, and
provided some more documentation.  But the current beta works
sufficiently well for people to try it out.

When the formal beta release happens, we will hook the above
directory into our Web home page, and make appropriate announcements
on comp.lang.ada.

: Thanks in advance,

: Chris
: --
:     ____________________________________________________________________
:      Chris O'Regan <chris@ECE.Concordia.CA>, UNIX Systems Administrator
:               Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
:                    Concordia University, Montreal, Canada
:                 http://www.ECE.Concordia.CA/~chris/addr.html

Intermetrics, Inc.  Cambridge, MA  USA

* Re: Ada => Java Byte Code
@ 1996-03-28  0:00   ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 1996-03-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tucker Taft wrote:

> An "informal" beta release of "AppletMagic(tm)" is available at:
>
>     http://www.inmet.com/javadir/download/

According to the system requirements page there, AppletMagic
supports SunOS 4.1.*. Sun's own JDK does not support that platform,
and I'm not aware of anyone else that does either. That would make
AppletMagic the only way currently available to do Java development
on SunOS 4.1.*!

--
T.E.D.
                |  Work - mailto:dennison@escmail.orl.mmc.com  |

* Ada => Java Byte Code
@ 1996-03-28  0:00 Chris O'Regan
From: Chris O'Regan @ 1996-03-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

       [not found] <315AC0A3.7475@lfwc.lockheed.com>
@ 1996-03-29  0:00 ` Tucker Taft
From: Tucker Taft @ 1996-03-29  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ken Garlington (garlingtonke@lfwc.lockheed.com) wrote:
: Tucker Taft wrote:
: > An "informal" beta release of "AppletMagic(tm)" is available

: What's the schedule for the Mac (680x0) beta?

Hopefully by April 8th.

Intermetrics, Inc.  Cambridge, MA  USA