From: stt@henning.camb.inmet.com (Tucker Taft)
Subject: Re: Ada => Java Byte Code
Date: 1996/03/28
Date: 1996-03-28T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Chris O'Regan (chris@ECE.Concordia.CA) wrote:

:    Someone mentioned that Intermetrics will soon be releasing a beta version
: of an Ada compiler that can generate Java byte code.  I have looked at their
: home page, but I find myself going in circles.  Has the compiler been
: released?  If so, where may I find it?

An "informal" beta release of "AppletMagic(tm)" is available at:

    http://www.inmet.com/javadir/download/

We hope to make the "formal" beta release by April 8th.
By that time we hope to have made a few more bug fixes, and
provided some more documentation.  But the current beta works
sufficiently well for people to try it out.

When the formal beta release happens, we will hook the above
directory into our Web home page, and make appropriate announcements
on comp.lang.ada.

: Thanks in advance,

: Chris
: --
:      Chris O'Regan <chris@ECE.Concordia.CA>, UNIX Systems Administrator
:               Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
:                    Concordia University, Montreal, Canada
:                 http://www.ECE.Concordia.CA/~chris/addr.html

Intermetrics, Inc.  Cambridge, MA  USA