* Ada source comparison
@ 2001-06-30 21:36 Gautier Write-only-address
From: Gautier Write-only-address @ 2001-06-30 21:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

Hi again. Is there a tool allowing to check if two texts represent
the same Ada source, eventually with a different formatting ?
TIA

* Re: Ada source comparison
@ 2001-07-01 18:37 Gautier Write-only-address
From: Gautier Write-only-address @ 2001-07-01 18:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

>   a) run a pretty printer on both, then compare the pretty-printed
>source files.
>   b) compile both and compare the resulting object files (may differ
>slightly in a timestamp but shouldn't differ much more than that).

Thank you for the ideas - in fact I already used b) but I was
looking for a more civilized method.

* Re: Ada source comparison
@ 2001-07-01 22:38 Gautier Write-only-address
From: Gautier Write-only-address @ 2001-07-01 22:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

>   a) run a pretty printer on both, then compare the pretty-printed
>source files.

For that I would rather need an "ugly-printer".
But J-P Rosen has already had the idea, and here is
a pointer to that wonderful tool:

  http://www.adalog.fr/compo2.htm#Normalize

* Re: Ada source comparison
@ 2001-07-02  4:25 Christoph Grein
From: Christoph Grein @ 2001-07-02  4:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

Use any lexical scanner, e.g. the one in OpenToken or the one in

http://home.T-Online.de/home/Christ-Usch.Grein/Ada/

and compare the sequence of Ada tokens.