From: demer@cdfsun03 (David Emery)
Subject: Re: Ada/X Windows Newbie Problem
Date: 1996/10/09
Date: 1996-10-09T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Scott Curtis wrote:`
>Howdy!
>   Can anyone suggest why the following statement is raising a STORAGE_ERROR:
>
>   hWnd := Xt.Intrinsic.XtVaCreateManagedWidget(
>              "pushme",
>              Motif.Pushb.XmPushButtonWidgetClass_obj,
>             parent,
>            Stdarg.Empty & Motif.xmstrdefs.XmNlabelString & label & Nulst
>        );
>
>   where parent is of type Widget, label is of type Motif.Xm.XmString.

I'd be willing to bet it's either the string "pushme" or the string
produced by
  Stdarg.Empty & Motif.xmstrdefs.XmNlabelString & label & Nulst
with my money placed on the first string.  Try this, which should
be completely "benign":

   hWnd := Xt.Intrinsic.XtVaCreateManagedWidget(
              "pushme" & Ascii.nul,
              Motif.Pushb.XmPushButtonWidgetClass_obj,
             parent,
            Stdarg.Empty & Motif.xmstrdefs.XmNlabelString & label & Nulst
        );

				dave
--
<.sig is away on vacation>