From: mcsun!news.funet.fi!sunic!kth.se!news.kth.se!d88-jwa@uunet.uu.net  (Jon W
Subject: Re: cyclic pointers (was  Re: Multiple Inheritance in Ada 9X/Pointers?
Date: 11 Jan 92 10:51:24 GMT	[thread overview]

.edu> karplus@cse.ucsc.edu (Kevin Karplus) writes:

   Someone (sorry, I don't have the name in front of me) asked for
   examples where cyclic pointer structures were necessary for efficiency.

   I have an application that may qualify.
   I have a system for minimizing multi-level logic circuits, doing
   technology mapping, and similar logic CAD work.

I just remembered a case where this could be nice; depending on
implementation, keeping track of a COMMON block ina fortran compiler
can be neatly solved with a cyclic structure. Not to mention the
classic case of cyclic buffers for rich data objects... which is
very much what Kevin Krplus talks about.

--
This Signature is distributed under the conditions of the Signature License,
available at a fee from   h+@nada.kth.se  (Jon W{tte)  Reading the Signature