From: bhart@alsys.com (Bill Hart @ignite)
Subject: Re: Ada Windows compilers
Date: 1995/04/07
Date: 1995-04-07T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

casioa@bah.com wrote:

> I used Aetech's Integrada for windows last year and was not impressed; it was
> buggy and just didn't work very well. I have long used Alsys' PC Ada compilers
> and am wondering if their ActivAda is just a re-packaged Integrada, or is it
> indeed as robust as their PC compilers?
>
> Also, I would welcome any critical feedback on other Ada windows compilers.
> I've tried Meridian's and didn't like it either.

ActivAda is based on the same tools and libraries that
Aetech sold as IntegrAda, but is nonetheless very different
from its ancestor.  Naturally, the RR compiler was swapped out.
The environment software (editor, GUI builder, libraries)
was put through an extensive QA cycle and cleaned up.  Some
new features were added as well.

More recently, Thomson bought the rights to the Aetech-supplied
source code and it is currently being maintained and enhanced
in house.

This product has been very successful and, speaking as an
8-year employee of Alsys/Thomson, I am happy to see the
company return to prominence in the PC Ada business.
Windows/NT ActivAda is now shipping too!

And who wants to take bets on advertising?  I know - but
I'm not telling...

Bill Hart - Manager, Strategic Partnerships
hart@thomsoft.com