From: usagi@cix.compulink.co.uk ("Jim Wall")
Subject: Re: Type extension with GNAT
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 1995 22:04:39 GMT
Date: 1995-03-19T22:04:39+00:00	[thread overview]

Erm,

I get the feeling that you've tried something like:

type One is tagged record
   A : ?
   B : ?
end record;

procedure A ( a : ?;
              b : ? );
              <new package>

type Two is new One with
   C : ?
end record

procedure A ( a : ?;
              b : ?;
              c : ? );
              ????

assuming this (and forgive the pseudo-code) then, then what you're after
is simply

procedure A ( AA : One );

and

procedure B ( BB : Two );

Here B

If this is so, I suggest that if your original 'point' procedure were to
accept the actual type Two_D_Point and the version for Three_D_Point
(being the extended Two_D_Point) then the problem wouldn't arise.