From: chris.morgan@baesema.co.uk (Chris Morgan)
Subject: Re: Want to get GNAT news!
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 1995 12:56:15 GMT
Date: 1995-03-09T12:56:15+00:00	[thread overview]

  I can (evidently!) use Newsgroups, but it's on a borrowed machine,
and so about once a week is the best I can do for keeping up on
comp.lang.ada. Mail is right to my desk, almost instantaneous, so I was
hoping to get a GNAT drip-feed going! I probably missed the posts about
'where should we discuss GNAT' but if c.l.a is the place, then fine.
Ages ago I sent some thoughts to gnat-chat w.r.t the library model, but
seeing as the gnatchat notes on cs.nyu.edu never carried on, I assumed
there was some other forum I didn't know about, but I guess this is the
place to be after all! :-)

  If I sound a bit self-important, forgive me. As I said, in our
company I run an internal Ada95 distibution list which is now quite
popular, what with GNAT being available and faster than all our other
compilers :-), and Ada95 being official now. My 'readers' don't have
any access to newsgroups at all, so anything I can pick up by e-mail
benefits another 20 or so Ada fans here. Also the project has picked up
a nasty C++ infection which is also bad-mouthing Ada. I'm fighting a
lonely battle :-(

  BTW, even though I specifically explained my current ignorance of
Unix etc, I got some friendly requests for help with building GNAT and
using Emacs Ada-mode on Solaris. I've tried my best, but it's a case of
the blind leading the blind! It's good to hear gnat-report does work,
so I will be recommending that avenue for all further GNAT inquiries.

  As for bug-reports, well, I haven't got any!

Regards to all,

Chris

-- Chris Morgan
-- SMCS Project, BAeSma Ltd, Scientific House, 40-44 Coombe Rd,New
Malden
-- Surrey, England, UK
-- Currently grappling with Ada95 via GNAT2.03 on Sun-SPARC-SOLARIS2.3
-- Member, Team Ada