* Booch Components?
@ 1995-03-07 14:48 Joe Orost
From: Joe Orost @ 1995-03-07 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Remember the Booch Components?  I'm looking for a reference
to the book that describes them.  Please send email.

                                regards,
                                joe

--
Full Name:    Joseph M. Orost
EMail:        joe@babel.ho.att.com, attmail!orost

* Re: Booch Components?
@ 1995-03-07 20:34 ` woodruff
From: woodruff @ 1995-03-07 20:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Joe Orost asks:
 I'm looking for a reference to the book Booch Components

Just happen to have my copy handy:
Grady Booch
Softwares Components with Ada
  Structure, Tools, and Subsystems

The Benjamin/Cummings Publishing Co
1987

ISBN 0-8053-0610-2

--
John Woodruff
Lawrence Livermore National Lab

* Re: Booch Components?
@ 1995-03-08 13:48 ` William Brennan
From: William Brennan @ 1995-03-08 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <joe.794587738@babel.ho.att.com>,
Joe Orost <joe@sanskrit.ho.att.com> wrote:
>Remember the Booch Components?  I'm looking for a reference
>to the book that describes them.  Please send email.
>
>                                regards,
>                                joe
>
>--
>Full Name:    Joseph M. Orost
>EMail:        joe@babel.ho.att.com, attmail!orost
>SurfaceMail:  943 Holmdel Rd.; Cruz Plaza; Holmdel, NJ 07733
>Phone:        +1 (908) 946-1115
>Fax:          +1 (908) 946-9146
>WWW:          http://paul.rutgers.edu/~orost

                                                     === Team-Ada member ===
Bill Brennan                                  brennan@panther.warm.inmet.com

* Re: Booch Components?
@ 1995-03-09 10:40   ` John Howard
From: John Howard @ 1995-03-09 10:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

woodruff@tanana.llnl.gov wrote:

: Just happen to have my copy handy:
: Grady Booch
: Softwares Components with Ada
:   Structure, Tools, and Subsystems

: The Benjamin/Cummings Publishing Co
: 1987
: ISBN 0-8053-0610-2

: John Woodruff

Does this book contain the body impementations of the software components?

* Re: Booch Components?
@ 1995-03-09 17:05     ` Eric Slutz
From: Eric Slutz @ 1995-03-09 17:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

John Howard (jhoward@solar.sky.net) wrote:
: woodruff@tanana.llnl.gov wrote:

: : Just happen to have my copy handy:
: : Grady Booch
: : Softwares Components with Ada
: :   Structure, Tools, and Subsystems

: : The Benjamin/Cummings Publishing Co
: : 1987
: : ISBN 0-8053-0610-2

: : John Woodruff

: Does this book contain the body impementations of the software components?

Some of them, not all.

* Re: Booch Components?
@ 1995-03-10 23:06 ` Michael Feldman
From: Michael Feldman @ 1995-03-10 23:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <joe.794587738@babel.ho.att.com>,
Joe Orost <joe@sanskrit.ho.att.com> wrote:
>Remember the Booch Components?  I'm looking for a reference
>to the book that describes them.  Please send email.

Booch, G.
Software Components with Ada.
Benjamin Cummings, 1987. ISBN 0-8053-0610-2
  This work is an encyclopedic presentation of data structure packages
from Booch's OOD point of view. It is great for those who love
taxonomies. It's not for the faint-hearted, because the volume of
material can be overwhelming. It could serve as a text for an advanced
data structures course, but it's thin in "big O" analysis and other
algorithm-theory matters. The book is keyed to the (purchasable) Booch
Components.

Mike Feldman
Michael B. Feldman -  chair, SIGAda Education Working Group
The George Washington University -  Washington, DC 20052 USA
202-994-5919 (voice) - 202-994-0227 (fax) - mfeldman@seas.gwu.edu (Internet)
One, two, three ways an underdog: Ada fan, Mac fan, Old Liberal Democrat
Ada on the WWW: http://lglwww.epfl.ch/Ada/ or http://info.acm.org/sigada/

* Re: Booch Components?
@ 1995-03-11 13:41   ` David Weller
From: David Weller @ 1995-03-11 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <3jqm12$15q@felix.seas.gwu.edu>,
Michael Feldman <mfeldman@seas.gwu.edu> wrote:

>Booch, G.
>Software Components with Ada.
>Benjamin Cummings, 1987. ISBN 0-8053-0610-2
>  This work is an encyclopedic presentation of data structure packages
>from Booch's OOD point of view. It is great for those who love
>taxonomies.
 ^^^^^^^^^^
Then again, who really cares about studying yellow cars? :-)

>It's not for the faint-hearted, because the volume of
>material can be overwhelming. It could serve as a text for an advanced
>data structures course, but it's thin in "big O" analysis and other
>algorithm-theory matters. The book is keyed to the (purchasable) Booch
>Components.

The revision will be even less desirable to somebody wanting to use
the book as a college text.  There will still be "thin" discussions
of Big-O analysis and algorithm-theory.  There are many good texts on
those things out there, and they will certainly be referenced.  The
focus of the book will be aimed at practitioners.  It will also be a
little smaller :-)

--
      Frustrated with C, C++, Pascal, Fortran?  Ada95 _might_ be for you!
	  For all sorts of interesting Ada95 tidbits, run the command: