From: ka@socrates.hr.att.com (Kenneth Almquist)
Subject: Re: GNAT & POSIX
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 1995 06:52:43 GMT
Date: 1995-03-05T06:52:43+00:00	[thread overview]

mcriley@BIX.com wrote:
> When using GNATBL to link I get an abundance of 'Undefined
> references', _not_ referring to the C routines I'm linking, those
> are resoved quite nicely, but of a whole slew of POSIX threads
> functions.  These are all coming out of Interfaces.C.POSIX_<stuff>.

This sounds like you are using Ada tasks on a platform that doesn't
support them.  The run time system for GNAT (named GNARL) includes a
bunch of tasking code which is loaded if your program uses any of the
tasking features of Ada (including the "delay" statement).  Unless
you are running the OS/2 version of GNAT, the tasking code uses POSIX
threads, and will generate "Undefined references" on platforms which
don't support POSIX threads.
				Kenneth Almquist