* Pthreads and GNAT for Linux
@ 1995-03-02 10:33 Del
From: Del @ 1995-03-02 10:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Does anyone know about the status of any development going on
to interface Pthreads, GNAT tasking, and Linux?  I have a few
hangers-on around here who are interested in getting either
involved in the development or contributing some code, just
I don't want them to go re-inventing the wheel.

(And I'm too busy to do anything about it yet -- my priorities
are Xlib/Xt/Motif interfaces for GNAT).

Del
--
-------------------------------+-------------------------------------
Del                            | del@babel.dialix.oz.au

* Re: Pthreads and GNAT for Linux
@ 1995-03-03 11:16 ` Samuel Tardieu
From: Samuel Tardieu @ 1995-03-03 11:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Del; +Cc: baixas

   From: del@babel.dialix.oz.au (Del)
   Newsgroups: comp.lang.ada
   Date: Thu, 2 Mar 1995 10:33:14 GMT

   Does anyone know about the status of any development going on
   to interface Pthreads, GNAT tasking, and Linux?  I have a few
   hangers-on around here who are interested in getting either
   involved in the development or contributing some code, just
   I don't want them to go re-inventing the wheel.

I've heard of an "official" porting of pthreads for Linux, but I don't
have any more precise information.

Anyway, one of our students, Philippe Baixas <baixas@email.enst.fr>,
is working on this. I think you should contact it if you want to know
the current status of his work.

  Sam

--
"La cervelle des petits enfants, ca doit avoir comme un petit gout de noisette"
                                                       Charles Baudelaire

* Re: Pthreads and GNAT for Linux
@ 1995-03-03 16:18   ` Darren J Moffat
From: Darren J Moffat @ 1995-03-03 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

tardieu@valjean.enst.fr (Samuel Tardieu) writes:

[gone]

>I've heard of an "official" porting of pthreads for Linux, but I don't
>have any more precise information.

A full pthreads lib for Linux can be found at:
bloom-picayune.mit.edu:/pub/pthreads/alpha

(NB this is a c&p from my ftp log so it my not be the official entry
point to this archive)

--
Darren J Moffat                               20 Southpark Ave
email: moffatd@dcs.gla.ac.uk                  Glasgow