* Re: Forest library announcement
       [not found] <D44tnH.E2@nntpa.cb.att.com>
@ 1995-02-23 15:47 ` Mike Meier
From: Mike Meier @ 1995-02-23 15:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kenneth Almquist (ka@socrates.hr.att.com) wrote:
: Forest is a library designed to allow you to access the facilities
: of UNIX-like operating systems from Ada 95.  It is based on the
: POSIX.5 standard, with extensions to support things like symbolic
: links.  Release 1.1 implements about half of POSIX.5 (depending on
: how you count it).

: Forest may obtained by anonymous ftp from ftp.att.com:/pub/Ada.
: 				Kenneth Almquist

Is this a supported product from AT&T, or a private implementation?

* Re: Forest library announcement
@ 1995-02-25  2:29   ` Kenneth Almquist
From: Kenneth Almquist @ 1995-02-25  2:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mike Meier <mjmeie@ss5.magec.com> asks:
> Kenneth Almquist (ka@socrates.hr.att.com) wrote:
>: Forest is a library designed to allow you to access the facilities
>: of UNIX-like operating systems from Ada 95.  It is based on the
>: POSIX.5 standard, with extensions to support things like symbolic
>: links.  Release 1.1 implements about half of POSIX.5 (depending on
>: how you count it).
>
>: Forest may obtained by anonymous ftp from ftp.att.com:/pub/Ada.
>: 				Kenneth Almquist
>
> Is this a supported product from AT&T, or a private implementation?

It is a personal project.  It is not supported by or endorsed by AT&T.
AT&T has not evaluated its merits but has made it available for anonymous
FTP as a service to the Internet community.

Have I forgotten any disclaimers?  Oh, yeah:
				Not speaking for AT&T,
				Kenneth Almquist