From: bhart@alsys.com (Bill Hart @ignite)
Subject: Re: Help finding Ada tools
Date: 24 Feb 95 17:00:10 GMT
Date: 1995-02-24T17:00:10+00:00	[thread overview]

In <bwalker-220295144001@dukat.nosc.mil> bwalker@nosc.mil (Beth Walker) writes:

>My group is gearing up for a new development.  Several things are still up
>in the air (OS, programming language).  What we go with will largely depend
>on the availability of tools.  If we can't come up with an Ada compiler and
>GUI builder, the management is going to default to C, as there are several
>tools available.

>I would like pointers to good Ada compilers and GUI builders for the
>following Operating sytems/environments (in order of preference).  The Ada
>implementation must support tasking (ActivAda does not have tasking with
>Win32s).

--> I hate to sound irreverent - but how does C support tasking under
--> Win32s?  Perhaps I don't know C well enough and there exists a
--> portable, tasking C compiler for...

>   Microsoft Windows 3.1
>   OS/2
>   Unix

>Thanks.

--> I guess after seeing this type of mislogic used to justify C for
--> so many projects (I have been with Alsys since 1987) I never cease
--> to be amazed at the dual standards applied to Ada vs. any other
--> language.  Obviously you are sympathetic to Ada since you posted
--> the message.  Give me a call at (619) 457-2700 ext. 123 and I'll
--> be happy to give you some ideas on how to cut through the smoke-
--> screen...regardless of who's Ada compiler you end up buying.

--> Bill Hart
--> Thomson Software Products (formerly Alsys)
--> hart@alsys.com