* Re: Ada Run-time support system for PC board ?
@ 1995-02-23 10:46 (No Name)
From: (No Name) @ 1995-02-23 10:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

James Xie writes:
Does anyone know any Ada Run-time support system which can be used on PC
board ?
----------------
In my storage room at home I have a Motorola SBC in a chassis
with power supply etc.  In the PROM there is "K1", the real-time
Ada runtime that we developed.  K1 does does cyclic task scheduling
and monitors task performance.  I also have a 386 based portable
PC with an RS232 cable that connects to the Motorola box for downloading
s-records.  I think I still have the Verdix cross-compilation
system that runs on a Sun and generates those s-records.
And further K1 allows dynamic task priority and yes it
is a "valid" implementation in terms of the Ada validation
criteria.
Anyone interested in this?
I also have many Ada83 textbooks and several Ada83 PC based
compilers.
sam harbaugh HARBAUGH@ROO.FIT.EDU

* Re: Ada Run-time support system for PC board ?
@ 1995-02-23 23:22 ` Bill Hart @ignite
From: Bill Hart @ignite @ 1995-02-23 23:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

In <INFO-ADA%95022305472601@VM1.NODAK.EDU> "(No Name)" <HARBAUGH@ROO.FIT.EDU> writes:

>James Xie writes:
>Does anyone know any Ada Run-time support system which can be used on PC
>board ?
>----------------
Thomson Software Products (formerly Alsys) offers a PC-hosted cross-
compiler which targets embedded Intel systems.  Included is a real-
time kernel along with several board support packages.  One of the
board support packages is for a "generic" PC board.  Many of our
customers have used this setup to take advantage of inexpensive
hardware (i.e. off-the-shelf PC components) yet with true realtime
software behavior and performance.

Other options open to developers include running Ada on top of DOS
(it offers a "soft" realtime platform but with Ada tasking) or our
LynxOS targeted compiler.

These products are all available at various prices, with educational
discounts available if they are being used for instruction.  Contact
our telemarketing department at (619) 457-2700 to request further
information.

Bill Hart
hart@thomsoft.com