From: stevem@dcs.gla.ac.uk (Steve McGowan)
Subject: Assignment of limited private types...
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 1995 16:37:51 GMT
Date: 1995-01-26T16:37:51+00:00	[thread overview]

I'd like to pass in a 'file_type' identifier into a task, make a local
copy of this identifier within the task, and then write text to this
file stream inside the task.

But I cannot do this since 'file_type' is limited private.

Any ideas how I can pass in this identifier, and to write to it
locally?

I want to do something like..

------------------------------

task body Run_Full_Experiment_TASK is
.
local_summary_stream : file_type;
.
begin

    accept start(summary_stream : in file_type) do
	local_summary_stream:=summary_stream;
    end start;

    -- ...then use 'local_summary_stream' to write my output.
    --
end Run_Full_Experiment_TASK;

Thanks.

--Steve.

		I think we're in for a bad spell of wether.