From: do_while@owens.ridgecrest.ca.us (Do-While Jones)
Subject: Re: GOTOXY in Ada ?
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 1994 15:22:31 GMT
Date: 1994-12-09T15:22:31+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <3c4a9a$1lts@obelix.uni-muenster.de> ahlersj@comix.uni-muenster.de (Jan Ahlers) writes:

>Is there an equivalent in Ada to the gotoxy command in Pascal (-> put the
>cursor at column x, row y) ? Answers would be greatly appreciated !

Sort of.  It isn't a part of the language, but it is easily done using
the VIRTUAL_TERMINAL package.

VIRTUAL_TERMINAL.Move_Cursor_To(LINE => Y, COL => X);

FAQ: Where do I find the VIRTUAL_TERMINAL package?
It is in the book Ada in Action.

FAQ: But isn't Ada in Action out of print?
Yes, but it about to appear on the net in electronic form Real Soon Now.
Watch this space for an announcment.

--
            |    Know                 Ada    |