From: jahonen@sisu.lut.fi (Jarmo Ahonen)
Subject: Re: Ada development under OS/2
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 1994 15:06:18 GMT
Date: 1994-11-30T15:06:18+00:00	[thread overview]

In <D02K87.pJ@cix.compulink.co.uk>, isharpe@cix.compulink.co.uk ("Ian Sharpe") writes:
>> Anyone done any Ada development under OS/2 using a validated compiler
>> (ie not GNAT)? Actually the only one listed at AJPO is the Alsys one,
>> so I guess this really is "Has anyone used the Alsys Ada compiler?".
>>
>> How easy is it to access all of the things that C/C++ folks take for
>> granted (system calls, SOM, DLLs etc)?
>
>To answer my own question:
>
>Alsys UK have said that this product is not being actively developed. I
>*hope* this is a misunderstanding, but the lack of responses tends to
>suggest that this might be a good commercial decision.

Although Alsys Ada has some very good features for OS/2 (tasks as threads),
I decided not to buy Alsys AdaWorld for OS/2 (sp?) yet. I understood that they
might be getting a new release ready (or have done it already).

Jarmo J. Ahonen			        Computing Centre
Tel: +358 53 621 2516			Lappeenranta University of Technology
Fax: +358 53 621 2350			P.O.Box 20
Email: jarmo.ahonen@lut.fi		53851 Lappeenranta, Finland