* Time & Date question
@ 1994-11-23 18:09 Gary
From: Gary @ 1994-11-23 18:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi there,

could somebody tell me how I can get the system time and date from
Unix? I am running ada on sun sparcs.

Thanks,

Gary.

* Re: Time & Date question
@ 1994-11-23 23:17 ` Michael Feldman
From: Michael Feldman @ 1994-11-23 23:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <CzqFrI.90I@aston.ac.uk>, Gary <owengb@aston.ac.uk> wrote:
>Hi there,
>
>could somebody tell me how I can get the system time and date from
>Unix? I am running ada on sun sparcs.

Piece of cake - this is _standard_ in Ada. Everything you need is in
package Calendar. Check an LRM or your textbook. It does not matter
what sort of Unix you are on, or what sort of computer for that
matter. Every Ada compiler gives standard date/time operations.

Send me e-mail if you need details.

Mike Feldman
Michael B. Feldman -  chair, SIGAda Education Working Group
The George Washington University -  Washington, DC 20052 USA
202-994-5919 (voice) - 202-994-0227 (fax) - mfeldman@seas.gwu.edu (Internet)
         Ada on the World-Wide Web: http://lglwww.epfl.ch/Ada/
"Non illegitimi carborundum." (Don't let the bastards grind you down.)