* Where are the jobs?
@ 1994-09-22 17:27 Eric Christiansen
From: Eric Christiansen @ 1994-09-22 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

    Been scanning the misc.jobs.offered group for about a year now,
and I've only found about 5 job postings for Ada programmers.  So,
as the subject says, where are the jobs?  Is it just a case of most of
these jobs are passed "word of mouth", or is it that there really isn't a
market out there?

            -eric

-  eric@edfub9.ctis.af.mil
-  "Who's that lady with the log?"  "We call her The Log Lady."
-  "Love is true, and love if fair, but what's that thing on your nose?"
-  Everything I say is my opinion...I am employed by a gaoler.
-  We, The Gatherer's Home Page -> http://edfub9.ctis.af.mil:1111/home.html

* Re: Where are the jobs?
@ 1994-09-22 19:06 ` Frank Manning
From: Frank Manning @ 1994-09-22 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <9409221726.AA10896@edfub9.ctis.af.mil> eric@ctis.af.mil
(Eric Christiansen) writes:

> ...So, as the subject says, where are the jobs?...

Suddenly the piano music stops, the bartender ducks behind the bar
and the other cowboys back away slowly from the stranger. At a nearby
poker table, the dude from srctran slowly turns around...

-- Frank Manning

* Re: Where are the jobs?
@ 1994-09-22 22:15 ` Lewis Berman
From: Lewis Berman @ 1994-09-22 22:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Eric Christiansen writes:

  >    Been scanning the misc.jobs.offered group for about a year now,
  >and I've only found about 5 job postings for Ada programmers.  So,
  >as the subject says, where are the jobs?  Is it just a case of most of
  >these jobs are passed "word of mouth", or is it that there really isn't a
  >market out there?

  I was previously unaware of misc.jobs.offered.  I had to hire several
Ada-literate software engineers, so I did unbelievably uncreative things
like advertising in the Washington Post.  I guess if I were some sort of
C-hacking dwebe, I would have been aware of misc.jobs.offered.

--
          /     Lewis Berman     \      /                      \
         |          UHD           |    |         Member         |

* Re: Where are the jobs?
@ 1994-09-23 10:38   ` Benjamin Ketcham
From: Benjamin Ketcham @ 1994-09-23 10:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <35svlv$duc@reznor.larc.nasa.gov>,
Lewis Berman <lewis@cscsun3.larc.nasa.gov> wrote:
[...]
>C-hacking dwebe
           ^^^^^
That should be "dweeb".

--ben

* Re: Where are the jobs?
@ 1994-09-23 14:35   ` Joe Rodnite
From: Joe Rodnite @ 1994-09-23 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

In the current (Sep 14) issue of Contract Employment Weekly there are 41 Software Engineering
jobs listed in the summary of which  6 have Ada referenced.

Since I am contract I always check to see what work is available.

* Re: Where are the jobs?
@ 1994-09-26 21:07     ` Patrick Wicker
From: Patrick Wicker @ 1994-09-26 21:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Joe Rodnite <rodnite@erie.ge.com> writes:

>In the current (Sep 14) issue of Contract Employment Weekly there are 41 Software Engineering

How do I obtain a copy/subscription of the Contract Employment Weekly?

Patrick Wicker
(402) 298-7105
wickerp@delphi.com

* Re: Where are the jobs?
@ 1994-09-27 12:44       ` Joe Rodnite
From: Joe Rodnite @ 1994-09-27 12:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Patrick Wicker <wickerp@delphi.com> writes:

>How do I obtain a copy/subscription of the Contract Employment Weekly?

I have received multiple messages requesting subsctiption information.
I have no involvement with CE Weekly except as a subscriber.

The current (Sep 21) issue contains 38 software engineering jobs in the summary
of which 3 have references to Ada.  Now and then I even see JOVIAL jobs!

Joe Rodnite
rodnite@dreary.erie.ge.com

CE Publications
Box 97000