From: azimmer@rsa.hisd.harris.com (Alan D Zimmerman, Loral RSA)
Subject: Re: Rational Compiler Problem ??
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 1994 12:50:49 GMT
Date: 1994-09-26T12:50:49+00:00	[thread overview]

In article 9n3@source.asset.com, mcconnel@source.asset.com (Andrew R. McConnell) writes:
> HP/Rational platform, warning messages(not errors) are generated:
>
>  104:    type Text_Field ( The_Text_Size : Positive := 1 ) is
>  105:      record
> A ---------^
> A:warning: RM Appendix F: storage needed for component exceeds implementation li
> mit
Isn't the problem here that the compiler will allocate a string of size postitive'size.
It looks like the HP won't allow you to create strings that big.  I think a more portable
way to accomplish this would be to create a type text_size that is constrained to be
the size allowable for strings (e.g. 1..256 or 1..512).

Just my $0.02 worth :->

Alan Zimmerman
Software Engineer
Loral Space & Range Systems