From: "Tarjei T. Jensen" <tarjei@online.no>
Subject: Re: Ada compiler for 68hc11?
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 09:09:17 +0200
Date: 2003-04-05T09:09:17+02:00	[thread overview]

Rune Winther wrote in
> Although there is a way of running Ada code on the Handyboard, I'm also
> looking for other, more advanced, controllers. The student projects we're
> running are mostly related to safety-critical systems and using a
controller
> closer to "real-world systems" would be better. Therefore, if anyone could
> suggest controllers, for which good Ada tools are (freely?) available, and
> that are suitable for general real-time projects in an educational
setting,
> this would be greatly appreciated.

PC/104 or mini-atx would be a suitable target. There is a intel based
environment somewhere (I don't remember the name).

In a nuclear environment it would perhaps be more suitable with a radiation
hardened target or at least a system with more extensive ecc checking than
usual. E.g. ecc ram on internal CPU buses and registers.

 A VIA epia board would be a cheap and cheerful teaching environment for
students. It has all the stuff which should interest students; 5.1 sound,
ethernet, firewire, USB and a hardware mpeg2 decoder. Since it is cheap it
would be possible to require each student to buy one so they can work at
home.

greetings,