From: anon@anon.org (anon)
Subject: Re: File rename in Ada95
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 17:24:50 GMT
Date: 2008-10-31T17:24:50+00:00	[thread overview]

In <wccabckhoau.fsf@shell01.TheWorld.com>, Robert A Duff <bobduff@shell01.TheWorld.com> writes:

First, when someone states Ada95 they mean pre Ada 2005 version. And
all pre Ada 2005 version do not have "Ada.Directories". Also if you add that
package from Ada 2005 spec then you are defeating the concept of using
"-gnat95". And that why Adacore added the "pragma Ada_05" in the first
place.

And if your version does not have it then the maintainer of your version do
not care to maintain the RM of Ada for those who still want to use Ada 95
specs. Which means it should not be use except may be in a classroom for
non-standard compilers.

Plus recheck your copy, it depend upon where you get your copy of GNAT,
if it has been modified. The version I was speaking of was downloaded
from Adacore web site in Aug 2008.