* GNAT 3.15p for Windows
@ 2003-01-13 19:04 Jeffrey Carter
From: Jeffrey Carter @ 2003-01-13 19:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've checked the archives and am still a bit hazy about how to correctly
install GNAT 3.15p for Windows on a system with 3.14p already installed.
Does 3.14p need to be uninstalled before installing 3.15p, or does the
installation process handle this OK? If it's more complicated than
simply executing the install file, I'd appreciate a step-by-step set of
instructions.

--
Jeff Carter
"This school was here before you came,

* Re: GNAT 3.15p for Windows
@ 2003-01-13 20:00 ` Jerry Petrey
From: Jerry Petrey @ 2003-01-13 20:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jeffrey Carter wrote:

> I've checked the archives and am still a bit hazy about how to correctly
> install GNAT 3.15p for Windows on a system with 3.14p already installed.
> Does 3.14p need to be uninstalled before installing 3.15p, or does the
> installation process handle this OK? If it's more complicated than
> simply executing the install file, I'd appreciate a step-by-step set of
> instructions.
>
> --
> Jeff Carter
> "This school was here before you came,
> and it'll be here before you go."
> Horse Feathers

Jeffrey,

When I first installed 3.15p on Windows 2000, I had problems with it but when
uninstalled 3.14 and all its related components (GNATWin, AdaGide, GVD, etc.)
first, the 3.15p installation seemed to work fine.

Jerry

-- Jerry Petrey
-- Senior Principal Systems Engineer - Navigation (GPS/INS), Guidance, &
Control
-- Raytheon Missile Systems          - Member Team Ada & Team Forth
-- NOTE: please remove <NOSPAM> in email address to reply

* Re: GNAT 3.15p for Windows
@ 2003-01-13 20:05 ` James S. Rogers
From: James S. Rogers @ 2003-01-13 20:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Jeffrey Carter" <jrcarter@acm.org> wrote in message
> I've checked the archives and am still a bit hazy about how to correctly
> install GNAT 3.15p for Windows on a system with 3.14p already installed.
> Does 3.14p need to be uninstalled before installing 3.15p, or does the
> installation process handle this OK? If it's more complicated than
> simply executing the install file, I'd appreciate a step-by-step set of
> instructions.

I have had no problems with it. I simply installed 3.15p without
uninstalling 3.14p.

Jim Rogers